Built in 2013 the Main Street Park and Playground features a 7500 square foot play area with climbing, spinning, sliding and swinging aparatus. Adjacent to the playground is a large green space open to the public.
The following rules apply to all town own parks and ball fields.
General Usage Rules
- In the use of athletic fields, good sportsmanship rules apply to all players, parents, coaches and fans involved
- Programmed youth sports activities must be chaperoned by adults
- Electronic amplification for music or voice projection and artificial lighting not provided by the Town of Madison must be approved in writing
- No smoking, alcohol or illegal drugs
- No open fires
- No glass beverage containers
- No picking of flowers, plant materials, or physical contact with shrubs or trees unless otherwise designated as part of a nature education program
- No solicitation of funds or sales of merchandise, unless authorized by the Town of Madison
- Litter pick-up and disposal is the responsibility of the reserving entity. Trash must be bagged, sealed and placed in the park’s trash receptacle. This includes cleaning up after pets. Entity may be charged if the Town has to provide this service.
- No pets in playground areas
- No parking on turf areas, with the exception of unloading and loading of equipment or gathering supplies. Parking in only assigned areas.
For the purpose of fairness and equitable access for large groups (more than 20 people), the Main Street Park can be reserved 10 business days in advance. Reservations are made at the town office by calling 696-3971 or by email.
If a nonprofit community organization wishes to have their event promoted on the Town’s electronic message board, then see Electronic Sign Usage Policy.
All other town parks with recreational fields can be used on a first come first serve basis. Hard-courts (basketball, skate board, ice skating) are also provided on a first come, first serve basis.
Any special requests for amenities and or services (i.e. additional restrooms, trash receptacles) must be requested at the time of reservation. Fees for use may apply.